Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Eve


I think that opening new pj's on Christmas eve is probably the oldest tradition in ever. I loved it and I remeber even being the know-it-all that I was, saying on Christams eve we get to open a present and it is going to be "PJ's". I found it very funny this year when I told the kids that we were going to let them open one present, and the first thing that Ryan said was " it is going to be PJ'S!" Funny! We did all the normal traditional stuff, we made cookies for santa, opened a gift, read the Christmas story out of the scripture and just. enjoy being around each other. The new tradtion that we added this year was the many bathroom breaks that Ryan felt like he had to take after he was in bed. Normally we never see him get out of bed to go potty after he has gone to bed, but that night he was up wbout 6 times. Sawyer was very excited about the reindeer, he wanted us to find them for him. No luck there. He also wanted us to keep opening the front door so he could shout "Merry Christams ho ho ho" Julia was tired and just wanted to go to sleep. It was a grand evening.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds fun! Hope you don't mind I snooped your blog out. Can't wait to hear about/see pics of Ryan's baptism.