Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brazos Bend-ALLIGATORS!!!

One Saturday we took a little trip down to Brazos Bend State Park.  It is home to many alligators.   When we first got there we went to the nature center and saw some baby alligators, that all the kids were lucky enough to touch.  While we were there we asked where the best place to see an alligator would be, we were told that we would only see the baby alligators that we just saw.  We decided to take a walk around the lake anyhow. 
Well we saw one right when we got on the trail around the lake!  We were so excited, and that excitement lasted the whole walk, we saw around 50 alligators that day. 
All of the alligators were on islands in the middle of the lake, so it was safe.  You can see how close we were from this picture.  We did have some friends that went recently and they were so close to the alligators that the dad of the group grabbed a tail of one of the alligators.  I am glad that they were farther away when we went!
It was a gorgeous day for a nice family walk!
A nice family picture and proof that I was there, there are pictures to enjoy!  Truth be told, Dennis does take pictures of me, but more often then not, I am not in love with those pictures and since I am the blog poster, I get to pick the pictures!!!
Maybe we will go back soon and get closer to the alligators!!

3 comments:

Marcia said...

He grabbed the tail?! is he insane?! (btw, this is Jen's sister, Marcia :) remember me?)

Chrissy said...

Yes, Marcia, I remeber you! How are you doing? And yes, I think he is insane!!

Marcia said...

I'm doing pretty well. Going down to see Jen on Friday. Yay Moab!