Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cookies

I have always wanted to make cookies for our neighbors and this year we finally did it.  It was actually a lot more fun then I thought that it would be and a lot less wok then I thought that it was going to be.  I think that the secret is, I made the dough and then I let the kids do what they wanted, no micro managing and no impatience.  Ryan and Julia did the rolling of the dough and the cutting of the shapes, while Sawyer napped.

When the cookies were all cooled and Sawyer was rested, he joined in on the fun and helped put the frosting and sprinkles on.  This was really hard, but I totally let them decorate how they wanted!  They had a lot of fun and then we put them on plates and delivered them to all of our neighbors. 

While we baked cookies and decorated them, Dennis was busy making elk jerky!

Although we did not share any of this, we aren't that nice! haha!!!   It was so yummy!!!

No comments: