Wednesday, December 23, 2009

friends and our pretty fall tree


This tree is on our backyard and at one time it was so beautiful.  It had every color that a leaf can turn in it.  There was green, yellow, orange, red, purple and brown.  Everyday I said I need to get out there and take a picture of it.  Of course, as always, I was a day late!  The previous night it froze and all the beautiful leaves looked like their color had been mixed with black.  So imagine this tree brighter and more pretty.  And yes, I did say that it froze.  It only snows every 10-15 years here in Houston, but of course the first winter we are here is snows.  I did not get any pictures of it, because I kept thinking that it was going to start snowing and then I would take a picture, but I soon realized that the almost invisible flurries, was what texans refer to as "it is really coming down".  There were other places in Houston that got more snow, snow that actually made it to the ground, but where we live, we only saw in barely floating toward the ground. 

This is Ryan with his good friend Caden.
And this is Julia with Caden's sisters, Grace and Maddie.
All these kids have a lot of fun together. 

No comments: