Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Goodbye Good 'Ole Texas

If it was any other person's blog, besides us, this might come as a surprise.  But, since it us, the Updikes, I am sure no one is suprised that we are moving again!!!  When we moved to Texas, we knew that it was just a pit stop to Tulsa, Ok, but we thought it was a 3-4 year, minimum, pitstop.  Well things with Dennis's job changed and instead of 3-4 years, they want him in Tulsa now.  So.... need-less to say we are "on the road again".  It is bittersweet for me, I never in a million years would have thought I would love TX this much.  It is a great place to live, and did I mention that I live in my dream home!!  Well it actually belongs to someone else now, since we sold it the first day it was on the market!!  We are moving to the Tulsa, Ok area the middle of June, which makes, I think, 5 summers in a row that we have moved.  Since Dennis and I have been married for 10 years and with this move it will make the grand total moves to.........13
That is afwul.
Well this should be the last move for a very long time!!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

WHAT???? You just got here. I was planning on some more good times with you! We need to get together before you leave!

The Archibalds said...

Holy Cow and to think I have lived in Wyoming FOREVER! Well, at least you've got to see alot of new places (wish I could). Wish you the very best and can't wait to see new pics. Wish you were here for a girls movie night, I was just thinking how fun that was!

Elynn said...

It sounds like you've really taken advantage of your time in Texas, though, and done tons of fun things!! It seems like we go to Tulsa a few times a year for different kid's competitions so we'll have to get in touch next time we come to Tulsa!!

Gina Sims said...

What an adventure! I hope that you are able to find your "true" dream home in Tulsa! Good luck with your move!

Marlene said...

You guys are crazy!!! Good luck with your move.

Hanni said...

I can't believe you're moving. I'm totally jealous that you sold your house so fast too, but looking at pictures, it would be my dream house too so it's not surprising. Good luck!