Saturday, June 12, 2010

Stingrays

After the Space Center, which turned out to be a short trip, due to lack of interest, we went to Galveston, 20 minutes away, to go to the beach.  I will say that everyday that we have gone to the beach it has been cloudy weather.  I t makes me so grouchy, it has been warm, just cloudy!!  Anyhow, this trip to the beach we were swimming in the ocean and Dennis thought he saw a fish, which we discovered later was actually a stingray.



They were just little ones, but they were all over.  Nobody knew why they were there, maybe spawning, no one knew because they had never seen them there before.  Some people though it might even be the oil spill that is pushing them to differrnet places, who knows.  Anyhow, we did see some people catching them and were able to get a close view.  It was a lot of fun, although it did keep me on the beach, I did not want to get stung.  Dennis and the kids still swam, but I stayed on safe ground, I am afraid of fish afterall. 

Some fun pictures of the cute kiddos!!

No comments: